A DAY IN OSAKA STAY GOLDEN EAST MEETS WEST AT LE PETIT SOUFFLE COPIC MULTILINER ART REVIEW THE LITTLE DETAILS WITH COCOMELODY

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Here's Hoping


Polo from Lacoste (Thailand), Cardigan from Xiamen, Shoes from Westlink (Xiamen), Rucksack from Flying Dutchman Shoes, Bracelet is a gift.


So today, I finally took my USTET which is basically the entrance exam for the University of Santo Tomas at Espana Boulevard. I have to admit, I was insanely nervous a few days before, because there was literally SO much at stake if I didn’t pass. You see, I plan to take architecture or interior design in college. And from what I’m seeing, UST educates the best of the best, though I’ve also heard De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde is also quite reputable in that field, which is why I’m taking exams to both schools.


Anyways, I woke up at 5:45 a.m., with my exam schedule being 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and I started to piece my outfit together in my mind, ending up with this combination. If you’ve noticed, my outfit has a LOT of neutral colors neatly complementing each other, the creams and blues and whatnot. Afraid of being too boring, I threw a red cardigan into the mix to give it “a shot of color”, as I like to call it. LOL


When I saw the combination, I was instantly contented. The cardigan almost immediately eliminated any doubt of a fashionable-but-not-overdone outfit, because my aim was to look well-dressed but not to go overboard since it was just an entrance exam and not some major event!


Of course, I brought my gorgeous Gaff rucksack with me (Sorry, Flying Dutchman Shoes, it took me this long to feature your amazing bag!), especially since my mom made me bring a lot of water, two sandwhiches, and a ton of rice crackers! LOL


Again, the plain cardigan does it again. Turning what should be a very common outfit seen here in the metro, into a very preppy ensemble, it instantly becomes the key piece of the outfit since it draws most of the attention. (At least, I think so.) I actually bought this at a night market in Jimei, Xiamen, only costing me 700php! (Considering I scoured every mall and found nothing or pieces that are INSANELY expensive.) Every time I’ve used it, it has never disappointed me, whether it comes to style or just keeping me warm!


My delicate-looking bracelet is a precious gift from a few of my good friends last year on my birthday. Not only does it possess great sentimental value, it also goes extremely well with almost any outfit, and is easily compatible with other accessories!


Lastly, my sophisticated penny loafers from Westlink, Xiamen.

So that concludes my outfit for the day! All in all, the USTET was surprisingly easy. I guess people were right when they said all you had to rely on was stock knowledge. How about you guys? Did any of you take the USTET today? Let me know by commenting below, and while you’re at it, tell me what you think of my look!

No comments:

Post a Comment