A DAY IN OSAKA STAY GOLDEN EAST MEETS WEST AT LE PETIT SOUFFLE COPIC MULTILINER ART REVIEW THE LITTLE DETAILS WITH COCOMELODY

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Fall Affair

 As it is obvious by the title, fall is upon us! And though it seems like it’s summer all the time in the Philippines, it never hurts to take part in this very “bohemian” season.

From what I’ve observed, the fall trend is basically all about cozy comfort. While pastels are still a huge hit, it’s now time to give them a bit of a vacation and start investing in warmer colors and a more serious/sophisticated approach to match the season.

1. Autumn fashion puts focus on the layers, allowing us to wear simpler but complementary tops to match whatever it is we used to layer. And according to what I’ve been seeing so far, using neutral-colored layers is a great way to sport the fall atmosphere.

image

Blazers from Topman, Leather Jacket from Zara.

2. Also a big closet staple for the season are cozy, let’s not forget comfortable, knitwear! This makes my heart jump for joy, because if you know me, you’ll know just how much I adore knits.

image

Pullover and cardigans all from Zara.

3. Lastly, the star fabric of the season: Tweed. It’s warm, it’s cozy, and just right amount of vintage-ness to it. Tweed jackets are coming back in a very very big way this season, and I for one, am not wondering why. It’s flipping gorgeous and casually sophisticated!

image

All tweed jackets from Asos.

Now, I’m sure some of you are thinking, all this talk of layers is nice and all, but it’s not exactly advisable here in the Philippines. Quite frankly, I heavily agree. Though this can be easily applied for those who live or work in cooler areas, most of us who’re also as fashionably conscious aren’t as privileged. The answer to that is easy, because there is more than one way to be fall-fashionable. Another way we can partake in the fall affair is through simple long-sleeved tops!

1. One of the long-sleeved tops I’ve been seeing a lot of is the denim shirt, which to be honest, is a trend I’ve been wanting to try for so long.

image

All denim shirts from H.E. by Mango.

2. Another is a timeless trend; the checkers. Personally, it reminds me a bit of a lumberjack-y theme which reminds me a lot about foliage, which is basically this shining beacon of autumn. LOL

image

All checkered tops from H.E. by Mango.

And that concludes my seasonal diagnosis! I for one, am beyond stoked to welcome the season. What about you? What’s your idea of an amazing fall ensemble? Comment below or fill my ask box!



No comments:

Post a Comment