Monday, July 23, 2012

Phone Hunt

As you all may know, I've lost my access to the DSLR, and I really don't know when I'll be able to use it again for my look shoots. So right now, I'm on the hunt for the best smartphones with the best cameras. I'm sure you're wondering why I would hunt for smartphones instead of just a normal kick-ass camera. It's because I think it's just more practical to do an all-in-one sort of upgrade. Since my Xperia X8 and my iPod Touch (1st Gen, mind you.) are pretty lacking in a lot of aspects, I figure I just buy a good smartphone and finally replace them in one swoop.

Now, had I a huge amount of money, all signs would've pointed to the iPhone 4S, but sadly, my parents don't think it's for me, especially with its whopping price of 32-35000php. So after doing a LOT of research, I ended up with these candidates:

1. The Sony Xperia S. Packing some amazing graphics and very fast processing, the Xperia S also sports a ground-breaking 12.0 Megapixel camera, which coincidentally matches Canon's Ixus PowerShot cameras. (Though don't get me wrong, Canon is my one and only fave when it comes to cameras.) The form is absolutely gorgeous and also has a huge memory threshold of 32GB. Price ranges from 18000-19000php, which is a solid 10k decrease from an iPhone, making the Xperia S, my first choice. The only thing I don't like about it though, is the speaker placement. Aside from being a fashion blogger, I'm also quite an audiophile. I just don't like having to put my phone face-down to enjoy some music. That aside, this is just PERFECT.

2. The Sony Xperia P. Though it seems that P & S have virtually no difference whatsoever, they actually do. Sporting a smaller frame, but still every bit as vibrant graphic-wise, the Xperia P uses a great 8 Megapixel camera. Processing is also very nippy. Form-wise, I absolutely love the fact that the case is metallic aluminum instead of a matte plastic material which is used in the Xperia S (Though still in love with it.) Also, unlike the Xperia S, the Xperia P's speakers are located on the side which is a HUGE plus for me. Another reason is that I love that it comes in red (My undeniable favorite color.) other than just plain old black or white, which is why I posted the red one in this post because it's GORGEOUS. Costing about 16000-17000php, the Xperia P bags second place, hands down. Anyways, moving on to my last choice...

3. The ever-famous Samsung Galaxy S2. It's common knowledge that this was Samsung's creation to be THE number one iPhone alternative. Aside from being one of the few smartphones that using AMOLED technology for the screen graphics, making it super-pleasing to the eyes, the S2 also sports an 8 Megapixel camera, in close competition with that of the iPhone 4S and the Xperia P. Like the iPhone 4S, I love that the Samsung Galaxy S2 also has its own little collection of adorable cases available, because one of the biggest reasons, though shallow, why I love the iPhone is that you can "dress" it up in AMAZING cases. The S2 costs an average price of 20000php which is a bit pricier than the Xperia S, though still acceptable for the features and of course, the hardware.

And so, these are my candidates for my new phone-with-an-amazing-camera. I could really use a LOT of help with this as I am not very good when it comes to gadgets. I'm going to need one of these soon because my look shoots are admittedly getting worse as the absence of the DSLR continues. Anyways, if you any of you have any suggestions that you think may trump my top 3, then by all means, speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment