A DAY IN OSAKA STAY GOLDEN EAST MEETS WEST AT LE PETIT SOUFFLE COPIC MULTILINER ART REVIEW THE LITTLE DETAILS WITH COCOMELODY

Saturday, June 23, 2012

How I Love: Nautical Shirts

Photo credit goes to zara.com & topman.com

So here's my first "How I Love" post, in this category, I'll basically be talking about how much I particularly love a specific trend,technique, or even type of clothing. Here's hoping that there's more to come!

I don't usually choose patterns over plains, but there's just something about nautical shirts that I love so much! There's something about how the stripes start either at the chest area or just below it that makes the design so classy and summery and all kinds of cute. And if you know me, I also love the vintage-ness it exudes.

I know what you may be thinking though, some of the designs seem a little kiddy rather than on the sophisticated side. On the contrary, although the shirts have this fun-young-and-fresh feeling to them, they're actually quite sophisticated. Plus, you can wear them with almost anything, khakis or jeans or even shorts. Basically, they're simple shirts that are SO easy to match, pair, and wear. Another important point is comfort, you don't have to choose a really fitted size for it to look good on you, meaning, choosing the looser size, the one that you can breathe more easily in, will also look just AS fantastic. What's even better is that, like pastels, they too can stand alone, because it would kind of be a waste to hide the cute pattern under layers and layers of clothes, so again, it's very suitable with Philippine weather, so... YAY!

By the way, Nautical shirts are quite similar, if not exactly the same, with Breton shirts. They're called "Breton shirts" because they look like the ones the boatmen wear in the canals of France and "Nautical" because the stripes are similar to that of a sailor's. So I implore you guys to give these shirts a try, it would certainly be a refreshing change in style that you won't regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment